Sunday, December 18, 2005

Can't We Keep This Civil?

Once again, I've been spending time responding to the nonsense propagated by CJD and Elliott over at KevinMD and RangelMD. One thing that has struck me in following these comments is the near lack of civil discourse that is occurring in some of the responses, both from physicians and the legal side alike. But, the ultimate insulting attack came out of nowhere from Elliott today. (http://www.kevinmd.com/blog/2005/12/plight-of-uninsured-analysis-of-10000.html#comments).

While I may be tempted to slam, slander and villify the "other side" (and I often feel that way), name calling and insults make one look utterly foolish, does nothing to advance one's cause, and just detracts from what should be a civil conversation. We, as physicians, need to listen, and counterattack with facts, not emotion.

1 Comments:

At 11:05 PM, Blogger kateykakes said...

Why let them get your blood pressure up? Simply put - it's just not worth the aggravation.

It's one thing to debate, but when things get ugly, that's when I just agree to disagree. Of course there are times when I can't keep my big mouth shut and end up feeling like the biggest jackass on the planet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home