Sunday, December 11, 2005

Random Thoughts

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. Mom's been in the hospital - she's doing OK, and will hopefully be discharged tomorrow. I've also spent way too much time responding to CJD over at KevinMD - I should know better and just let him spout his nonsense.

Anyway, looks like healthcare in NJ will be going further down the tubes in the coming months. Senator Corzine, a foe of caps, has been elected governor. I had the chance of meeting with his Senate and campaign healthcare advisors during the last few months, and caps are definitely dead in this state. The future of specialty healthcare courts is very cloudy. Further malpractice and tort reform is unlikely. The Corzine healthcare insurance plan is vague and undoubtedly will be onerous to physicians. The new Speaker in the Assembly, George Norcross - oops! Joe Roberts - is no friend of ours, and so the ambulatory tax will continue to plague us, as will charity care reimbursement. Cooper Hospital will continue its slow takeover of medicine in South Jersey. There is hope of some managed care reform bills on the horizon, but I a'int holding my breath. More to come on these subjects.

2 Comments:

At 7:15 PM, Blogger kateykakes said...

I didn't see an email listed sooooo....

I'm glad you updated. I also hope your mom is doing ok. I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

BTW, if I haven't apologized to you already for being such a witch at Dr. Kevin's, I'd like to tell you I'm really sorry. I have no excuse for being so ruthless, and I'd just like to say I should know better.

It's like my mom always said: "Never judge a book by its cover. Always read the whole thing first." That's exactly what I should have done with you because I actually think you're a pretty decent person - well, at least what I read of you here in blogland.

Take care.

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger ismd said...

Thanks for your comments, Katykakes. They're appreciated. And Mom did got to rehab today and is doing well. Thanks again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home